Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Why blog?

Well, after reading my sister's blog today, I started thinking...'I love to write! And I like reading about Jessica's life in San Diego...' So, I decided that I wanted to do the same thing. She is updating family across the country about her life in San Diego so I decided I would keep the ones I love up-to-date with what's going on here in Maryland.

After a rough fall semester with my roommate and ex I decided to move in with my aunt Ari and uncle Kevin along with twins Ali and Harris and the youngest Christian! It has been one of the best decisions I have ever made. I am surrounded by people that love and care about me and I just hope that they know how much I appreciate them taking me in and how much I loooove being here. As of right now, my room is currently the area between the couch and tv where I have put my mattress. Needless to say, I am quite comfy-cozy here. My dad was here not too long ago putting in shower in the basement so I don't have to invade their space with my weird showering schedule (normally around 10 pm). He was so helpful and we had fun doing it. My mama helped me organize all my stuff that was quite hastily removed from my previous living situation. All through this difficult time my family has been there for me and I am now able to see some of the amazing things I have ahead of me.

Such as, I have been working on policy writing for public health and international negotiation and diplomacy!! It is wayyy exciting and allows me to be obsessive about something positive. I will be doing an internship with Anita Brady (long time family friend) in the public health sector! I could not be more excited! I am learning about all kinds of events and people and organization that have/are going on in the world and a lot about foreign policy that I hope to do something with in the very near future. Therefore, don't be surprised to see lots of links up about world events that I think everyone should know about.

Because I live with Ari in Mount Airy (hardy har) and I am going to school and work in Towson, will be doing my internship in Rockville, have friends in Annapolis and have aspirations to get to D.C. I really am all over Maryland...and I love it! Hence, lovin livin all over MD!

So, anyway, that's all for now. I have plenty of work I can be doing right now for all my classes but I will leave you with my first link that I think everyone should know about.


This is the site for a documentary about the effects that 50 years of oil extraction has had on the people of Niger Delta. Please, if you have time look through the page; it is very enlightening. I was lucky enough to meet the director of the film Sandy Cioffi at the screening of Sweet Crude in Towson and even able to move to a more casual setting at a nearby sports bar afterwards to talk with her more. She is an amazing person! Also, if you are on facebook please like the Sweet Crude page. I think it is important that people become aware of what is going on in the Niger Delta. If you are outraged by what happened in the Gulf of Mexico, this will astonish you! Ok...so my PSA is over...

Welp, until next time!

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!! SO Happy you're blogging now! Can't wait to stalk -er I mean read about you!

    ReplyDelete